Sunday, June 1, 2008

The challenge has began

The challenge has began. I’ve keyed a total of 1800 words today and I’m feeling great. This is the largest amount of words I’ve keyed in one day for years. I haven’t written anything in at least 10 years, but I’m always dreaming and reading up on writing techniques. I finally decided to stop the dreaming and see if I’ve got it in me to write a novel. I’m trying for a sexy mills & boon. That was the idea when I first found out about 50ks in 30 days. But I no longer care if my book is crap as long as I finish and prove to myself it is possible. I’ve given myself permission to be as bad at the writing as I can get. (Hopefully not to bad). I figure I’ll have a closer look at the editing stage, once I have something to edit.

I tried writing a novel before, if memory serves I got to chapter two before I started editing. Didn’t write any more of the story, got to involved in the editing process and after a while loss interest in the story altogether.

I’ve worked up a plot and a brief sentence or two of what I expect to write in each chapter.

Here is a picture of my heroine (Melissa) and my hero (Justin). I think they make a sexy looking couple. Don't you?





4 comments:

Sandie Hudson said...

Very sexy couple Barb. You have done so well for your first day I hope you are proud of yourself because you deserve to be.

Happy writing.

Hugs
Sandie

Sussan Marz said...

Hi Barb, thought I'd pop in on a fellow challenger. Good on you for taking the challenge and I love your inspiration!

Sandie Hudson said...

Hi Barb
Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on how well you are doing with the challenge. You have every right to be very proud of yourself.

Hugs
Sandie

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Hi Barb,
Very well done, and thanks for taking up the challenge with us other 50ks in 30days participants. With so many participants it makes it much more exciting and interesting.
Love your hero and heroine btw, matched very well.

Suz:)