Monday, June 9, 2008

End of Week One

Week one has come and gone. With a grand total of 13,500 words written the first week I had my ups and downs. Day one with 1,800 words written my feeling were on a high but they dropped down a bit on day two when the day didn’t go as planned. I was only able to key 654. The rest of the week was spent trying to catch up and Sunday I did.
What a feeling. I, yes, little old me, had keyed 13,500 words of my first novel. Some of the scenes I loved writing and the time passed quickly as my characters revealed themselves. But sometimes, the words were forced out of me and the time seemed to drag on and on.
The second week has started and I’ve written my word count for the day bringing the total up to 15,082. That’s 30% of the 50ks in 30 day challenge completed. Who through I had it in me.

2 comments:

Suzanne Brandyn said...

Keep up the good work. I'm impressed. I didn't write yesterday and now will be catching up in the next few days.

All the best,
Suz :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Way to go Barb. You are going so well. I'm like Suz, not doing anything in the last few days *sad face*. Keep up the great work.