Sunday, August 31, 2008

One year older

What a busy month.

I’ve been moved temporary at work to another department. Huge learning curve has been involved, have been exhausted at the end of the day. I think only another week or two before I return to normal duties.

The Clayton Conference was held over the 22 to 24 August. This was an online conference for anyone not able to attend the RWA Conference. We had workshops and competitions. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/claytonsconference_group I learnt a lot, I also learnt there is a lot still to learn. I enjoyed it immensely.

I won a Book Bag from Rosemarys Romance Books www.rosemarysromancebooks.com It was full of goodies. Bookmarks, badges, pens, mouse pad, plus heaps more. Love the books I can buy there, been buying books from Rosemary since she opened her shop.

I also had my birthday on the 30th. Another year older.

I checked my e-mails that morning and had another lovely surprise.

I’d won the contest on Annie West’s website. http://www.annie-west.com/index.html
Goodies include
- a copy of STRICTLY BUSINESS;
- a copy of THE SHEIKH’S RANSOMED BRIDE; and
- a SURPRISE (a recent romance by another popular Harlequin author), plus
- a few other little goodies.

It was a nice birthday present.

I went to the Australian Outback Spectacular for my birthday and spent the night at the Crowne Plaza – Surfers Paradise. Had breakfast Sunday morning in there revolving restaurant. Good scene for a story.

4 comments:

Sandie Hudson said...

Hi Barb,
Sorry Imissed your birthday day I hope you had a great day. Winning Annie West books is good. I love Annie's novels.

How are you going with your RWA membership? Hope to see you on the ROMAUS loop soon.

Sandie

Barb said...

Thanks Sandie. I had a great day. I sent off my membership form again to the correct address this time. Haven't yet heard from them, but they did say it might take a while. I've been lurking around, but having been spending a lot of time over at Lucy Monroe's group going through her lessions these have been really interesting especially the writing for Harlequin Mills and Boon.

Monique Wood said...

Hey, Barb. I'm watching you now! Thanks for your post on my blog. I appreciate the support. Take care, Monique

Sussan Marz said...

Happy belated birthday! Like, really belated LOL!